Sunday, January 9, 2011

Shall we begin?

Ever since I was a little girl I have always been an artist. In retrospect, I was a self absorbed, an immature artist. I believe that if I had been more open minded perhaps I would be creating works I am more proud of at this time. I did not enjoy museums, I did not care about the work my peers did, the internet wasn't available to look through online art, and all i cared about was what I produced. This is until something caught my attention. I noticed art that others were wearing..

The older I got the more I began to notice the art around me. I began to grow a fascination for body art. For piercings, for abstract clothing choices, for colored hair, and most of all for tattoos

This interest has persisted into my adult life and it lands me where I am today. It opened my eyes to the art of and on other individuals and I know spend more time observing than I do creating; honing my ability and trying to understand the motif behind the work of others. I hope to soon spend more time creating but for now I'm learning.

For the last year I have been apprenticing at a tattoo parlor and in the last few months I began tattooing as well. 

In this blog I will address my work, the works of others, the world of body modification, the world of art, and this is because it is my passion. I hope to share in a little knowledge of the industry and offer a new point of view to those who may disapprove of body modification. I know not everyone will share my views, and many must not care at all. So if nothing else, maybe I will learn something new about myself in this experience.

A cell phone picture of a recent body of my work put up in a small gallery space 12/2010
See more of my art work at erinlynn.squarespace.com

No comments:

Post a Comment