Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Self Mutilation



I wanted to try tattooing myself.  Here I have the before and after images of how that went.  should have taken the picture before putting AnD ointment on because it made it all shiney and seems like her lips are crooked, which they aren't really. The before image if of how she looked from my first attempt tattooing my own leg. Obviously spotty, really terrible line quality, and as indicated by the stencil, I didn't even bother to fully finish it.Over all pretty terrible tattoo. So I went back and fixed it up a little. I'm so much happier with it now! I think the difference is huge. All done with a 7 round liner. The initial drawing/stenciling took about 4 hours (it's pretty damn big) and then the first tattoo session was about 2.5 hours and my second session where I cleaned up those nasty lines took place about 3 months later and took about 4 hours. More content, more patience, more attention to the details, all contribute to why it took so much longer. I'm certain when I sit down to color it it will take even longer. This project has been quite a time investment!

No comments:

Post a Comment