Monday, January 10, 2011

Lynn learns patience..

I've been told that lines, circles, and solid color are the hardest things to pull off in tattooing. Needless to say, I was a little intimidated.

The first image to the right is on my friend Austin's upper arm. He wanted to the Japanese rising sun. This is a huge piece and it took me a very very long time. We have spent a total of three sessions on this; 1)lines 2)color 3) line and color touch up. A total of about 20 hours of work if you include stenciling, set up, the multiple sessions, and the clean up. I used this design as an opportunity to experiment with different size needles, I used a 7, 9, and 13 mag shader and originally did the lines with a super tight 7 and went back over with a size 9 liner. This was a great learning opportunity and I learned a lot about what kinds of needles i prefer.


A friend of mine named JD was also kind enough to let me tattoo her. She already had an image in her mind that she wanted which she drew up for me. This is my first experience in tattooing a design made by someone else!

This is located on her right forarm and as you can see it is entirely composed of straight lines and circles! What a headache. JD is an artist and so she has an eye for what I'm doing and would instruct me along the way on where she thought needed more attention and what not.

 I actually really enjoyed the experience. She is a very sweet person and tipped me really well :)

1 comment:

  1. REally good!
    which color red did you use for the rising sun?

    ReplyDelete