Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oh the symmetry!

I had the pleasure of doing this tattoo on my old room mate Jan. He and I had talked a little about him coming in to get work done from me when I had first started tattooing but things got busy and it never really happened.

He moved out a few months after I had moved in and he was closer with my boyfriend (as he was really my boyfriends room mate..) and so i was tickled pink when he contacted me about finally getting a tattoo done!

This is a Polish design... That's about all I know. It was done on his right forearm and he has a matching one on his left forearm. 

I've decided i really enjoy doing tiny details, like feathers and talons, but I really hate doing text. It's so stiff and straight and if you do even the tiniest mistake it sticks out like a sore thumb. I have grown to have geometry as well as symmetry in tattoos. That being said, I did still really enjoy doing this piece and it took about 4 hours.

Done with a super tight 5 needle to line and then switched to a tight 9 for the thicker parts. I really enjoyed using a tight 9 round because of the way the needles are stacked. When you hit very lightly with this round the lines are tiny and petite but then if you hit harder it bolds out to a nice thick line. I enjoy the versatility of this needle size. 

No comments:

Post a Comment