Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Queen of Hearts Thus Far



Here we have it, the tattooed Queen of Hearts. Michelle was a trooper. We sat and did this all in one day and it's pretty large. It takes up the entirety of her inner arm (bicep area) and we sat for a total of about 6 or 7 hours that day. That's including the preparation before the tattoo but with only one 5 minute break it felt like a pretty long day.

If you remember the design that I previously posted with the concept drawn up you will notice that some things were changed. Michelle decided to simplify the coloring so that it matched some other tattoos that she had and so it gained a sort of old schoolish feel. The faces were also changed very slightly, mostly because the stencil was blurred and I had to redraw them on, but we were both really happy with how they came out.

What I am most proud of is how much better I've gotten at solid color. That is some nice thick red and black, if I do say so myself. This was my first time working with a light color, such as yellow, so I will be anxious to see how that heals. Also I'm pretty excited about how the details turned out. The designs on her robe, the crown, the thin little Q's and hearts all intimidated me but I think they turned out well.

I'm pretty thrilled with how this went, it was a lovely experience and Michelle is a lovely person. I do hope I get the opportunity to tattoo her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment