Monday, January 10, 2011

Lynn learns delicacy...

Time goes on and Austin comes back for even more ink from me.

This piece on the right of the logo for The Lawrence Arms I was really excited for. It is currently the most intricate design I have attempted as it has so many tiny little lines that run so close to one another. This took about 4 hours and was done with a super tight 5 needle liner and a couple spots in the crown could be complete with a 7 mag shader. I'm pretty proud of how it turned out and it was after this piece was completed i started to feel like I might actually be able to do this.

The delicacy that I had to learn here was the key. A much more aggressive approach had been taken on previous projects but with such tiny details I had to really take my time and focus on the line work.

Austin brought in a friend who wanted to get an outline of Ohio done with a tiny heart in it. I can't recall the city that it is suppose to be located in.

I went a little too delicate on my first time and had to redo the lines in a touch up (where this photo was taken.. unfortunately blurry picture with a spot of blood in it) but that makes about an hour of work with a super tight 5 needle. Very tiny tattoo.

both people are coming back for more work from me which makes me feel great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment