Sunday, January 9, 2011

Beginning to share the ink..

I did my first tattoo on my 20th birthday. The nerves were unbelievable but so was the support. I had the privilege of doing my very first tattoo on my mom. Now, I wont go into a rant about how amazing it is to have a mother that is supportive enough to help my career in this way. She has been the sole reason I was able to get where I am today and she has helped me in so many ways. So without the rant, I do want to acknowledge how grateful I am to have her in my life.

She got a formula tattooed on her foot. On the right is a picture I took of it as we finished. It took about fifteen minutes to complete and I was shaking for then nerves, which certainly didn't help. My first time using my machines using size 5 super tight needles with my newly tuned liner and Eternal Ink's triple black.

I will never forget the feeling that I had when I finished. I felt so incredibly accomplished and relieved. I had done it! I had done my first tattoo! All of that anticipation and worry and dread was suddenly gone and I felt as if I were glowing.

When I look back on this I feel proud to call this my first tattoo. I was nervous because I had been told that I will mess up. I will make something I regret and it will be just like every other learning experience. I know this must not be a perfect tattoo but I did so much better than my imagination was leading me to believe I would.

I am a tattooist. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment