Sunday, February 13, 2011

Shiva

Observe! More coloring practice done. Lines were found on deviantart.com and coloring is following character design of Shiva from Final Fantasy X. 


Image 1) Done with .02 micron pen on tracing paper, reference used, intended for clean line and coloring practice. outline took about 30 minutes and this image was cleaned up in photoshop.

Image 2) Done with .02 micron pen and prismacolor pencils on tracing paper at a tattoo convention in Chicago. Took about 5 hours to complete and stands about 4"x9". 

This was intended to practice coloring and was finished during a tattoo convention that I attended with my shop. I felt so appreciated there and got tons of compliments on my work. Now I know that drawing at your booth gets you a lot of attention!

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. God. I love it. I would totally put that on my body xD I want to do a sleeve of my favorite summoned creatures from FF, and that would make a perfect center, and then having it flanked by Bahamut and Ifrit, with Alexander in the background, wings spread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think for 5 hours work you have achieved a work of art without compromise. Puts our local artist to shame ( L S lowry ( UK) haha. The movement is amazing. At first i thought it was a GIF file but then realized it was moving all by itself. I have downloaded it for my own use as i collage and do decoupage so it will give me ideas. If this is not acceptable just reply and ill delete it. There is no problem. Right away i saw it and a rush of colours sprung to mind. Your ideas of purples are bright and varied so ill have a go. Respect Mandy

    ReplyDelete